On Thu 11.03.2004 at 09:06:08PM -0500, Justin T Wetherell wrote:
> Anyone have a program suggestion for removing commercials from the avi
> files you grab from Freevo. It can be either WinXP or Linux based.
> Automated would be nice (If that actually exists) but not nessicary.

I have written a filter for mplayer that detects black frames and
generates an edit list (EDL) while recording or playing with the section
of the show that must be ignored (i.e. jupmed over when playing). Then I
wrote a perl script that converts the EDL into a transcode command line,
and then I use transcode for editing and actually removing the
commercials. It doesn't always work fully automatic, since the way
mplayer and transcode count the frames seems to differ (i.e. frame 123
in mplayer might be frame 121, 122, 123, 124 or 125 in transcode); don't
ask why. So, when mplayer finds the keyframe at the beginning of a
sequence, transcode messes up a bit and the resulting file is crappy. I
have to try several times with different values of the starting frame
index until I find the right index.

If someone knows a solution, I'm interested :)
If someone wants the patch for mplayer and the perl script, just ask.

Matthieu
--
 (~._.~)        Matthieu Weber - Université de Jyväskylä         (~._.~)
  ( ? )                email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  ( ? )