I've tried setting up freevo with DXR3 support following the dxr3 wiki howto. Aplying the dxr3 SDL patch goes without any errors even configuring an compiling SDL afterwards goes without any errors. But stil I get the obove mesage. I'm runing debian both stable and unstable.

Freevo with the adapted runtime package as described on the wiki dxr3 page. Also tried installing the install deps one by one and ran freevo and tried installing freevo from source. all results in the same error. On the unstable distro of debian i've even tried apt-get'ting freevo so I would get all dependencies, removed libSDL and compiled it myself. Nothing did get me to a solution. Even tried to export SDL_VIDEODEVICE=dxr3 But it didn't make a diverence.

What am I doing wrong?
Any help is welcome

Ronald