On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 23:04:15 -0700, skeeterskip <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I am just looking for alternative to expensive WinTV 250/350
> cards.

A less compute-intensive codec is probably the way to go.  You should
be able to save as high-bitrate MPEG-1 or MJPEG or any of a bunch of
other things with similar quality to MPEG4 -- but you have to trade
off size for compute requirement.

I was doing MJPEG captures on a 1.8GHz Celeron from a Matrox
Rainbowrunner fairly cleanly for a while before I switched to DVB-T.

Matt