On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 18:02 -0300, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
>    How does animation relate to media FPS?
>
> That's an issue. Many movies have different FPS and the speed will be
> different.

As you suspected, while the video is playing, it updates only once every
frame.  When it is paused, it updates immediately.  (Well, within
1/1000th of a second.)

Yes, it is an issue, but I know how to solve it.  I just haven't done it
yet, because it really hasn't bugged me. :)   All of the videos in my
collection have a high enough frame rate that the response time is good.

Cheers,
Jason.