Hi

I need some help, since my programming skills are insufficiënt to get
under the hood of freevo. (my python skills are unexistent)

I'm using fedora core 2 with freevo 1.5 rc4 (I know I should move to full
version, but I presumme RC4 is identical to the full version)

Now the problem:

1) The video card I have works correctly with v4l2 driver and for some
reason not with v4l.

2) I'm in Belgium and not every channel is in the freq.py since I use cable.

So modified the frequency_tables in local_conf.py like this

FREQUENCY_TABLE = {
     'bbcworld' : 294250,
     'bbc1': 266250,

They are mapped to correct frequencies and this is a part of my Channelslist

TV_CHANNELS = [
    ( 'bbcworld', 'BBC World', 'bbcworld' ),
    ( 'bbc1', 'BBC1', 'bbc1' ),
    ( 'bbc2', 'BBC2', 'bbc2' ),

To watch television I use TvTime in my config wich works perfectly from
freevo.

But I have a problem using mplayer to record with these settings.

In my /var/log/messages I receive error messages like this.

Aug 24 09:45:01 orac kernel: tuner: TV freq (0.00) out of range (44-958)

Definitly a problem passing the frequentie.

>From my recordserver-0.log I have this instruction who fires up the
recording

2004/08/24 09:45 CEST [*RecordServer*] popen /usr/bin/mencoder tv:// -tv
driver=v4l2:input=0:norm=pal:channel=bbcworld:chanlist=europe-west:width=768:height=576:outfmt=yuy2:device=/dev/video0:adevice

When I manualy set my tuner to any channel using tvtime, mplayer will
record the preset chanel. Instead of the one it should.

So I guess my tunning problems have to do with this setting in the mplayer
command

channel=bbcworld

Apparently mplayer doesn't understand the custom freevo channels.
And I'm forced to use v4l2 instead of v4l for my mplayer
I've get this message when trying to use v4l on mplayer.

 WARNING: YOU ARE USING V4L DEMUXER WITH V4L2 DRIVERS!!!
 As the V4L1 compatibility layer is broken, this may not work.
 If you encounter any problems, use driver=v4l2 instead.
 Bugreports on driver=v4l with v4l2 drivers will be ignored.

So going back to v4l drivers (If it would solve my problem!) doesn't look
like a option.

When I use this line manually with the freq paramater instead of the
channel parameter, it works correctly, but I do not know how to pass the
frequency through the command.

Anybody toughts on how to resolve this?

Geert