First off, I want to say that Freevo is great, and if you never made any changes to it again my wife and I would still love it and continue to use it. :-)

Concerning ideas for future releases, when navigating menus, I think it would be nice if the menu option you selected was briefly highlighted (say, for 250msec) before going into that menu (like on many DVD players). I use LIRC to control Freevo (from any TV location in the house), and every now and then when I push a button on the remote Freevo (LIRC, really) detects it as multiple presses. Thus, I may be at the top level of the menu, then when I press the button I'm suddenly 3 levels down. Having a brief delay before going into the menu would not only help to know where one is about to go, but it would make it look/work like many (all?) DVD players, etc.

A second idea is an extension of Faser's comment about images -- can the EXIF information be read and the image rotated automatically?

Again, thank you for Freevo -- it's a gift to the open source community.

Take care.

-Jon
9/8/2004
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dirk Meyer wrote:

"Faser" wrote:

Image Viewer were to get the information? How about EXIF? There are many
programs to read EXIF infos under Linux. (Please don't kill me if this is
already part of Freevo, don't have me box running).

Exif is supported, but it only has minor informations. For my vacation
pictures I want at least add a nice title, maybe a location, a small
text and maybe a list of people on the photo.

One other suggestion (I don't know if easy or not) have direct access menus
on the top level (e.g. that I can define a new Menu to directly start a
certain radio station).

I will think how to do that.

Dischi

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by BEA Weblogic Workshop FREE Java Enterprise J2EE developer tools! Get your free copy of BEA WebLogic Workshop 8.1 today. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=5047&alloc_id=10808&op=click _______________________________________________ Freevo-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freevo-users