----- Original Message -----
From: "Dale Cooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Freevo-users] website maintainer wanted

> Oh, well. I am not talking about killing the mail list or something like
> that. Forums would run in parallel.
>
> This is probably very much personal preference but IMHO I simply like
> forums for these reasons:
> a) you go there on request, when you want to
> b) your mail address is not published anywhere (spam, again)
> c) threads are very well visible
> d) do not know how about you but I am not keeping all messages in my
> mailbox and on local disk. Therefore if I want to search for any
> messages I go to the web archive anyway
> e) if some interesting thread concerning my problems was already on the
> mailing-list while I was not subscribed already, I will miss that and:
> - either must go to web search anyway
> - or am bothering with the sam questions over and over again (which will
> be exactly the case once I find little time and summarize the troubles I
> have with my DVB-T card :) )
> f) and this is purely my assumption - more people realize web is
> searchable and do the search. If they do not find info on the web they
> go and fire the question. This puts evidently more load on developers.

this one is indexed on the web and very good searchable
http://www.mail-archive.com/freevo-users%40lists.sourceforge.net/
perhaps mentioning worth on the website....................something for the
maintainer?
it's my wiki............

allthough a forum is a good idea, it's more troublesome as receiving a mail.....