From: Justin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.net>
Re: Playing Shoutcast/Icecast Streams
2005-03-07 17:37
 On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 10:28 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
 > Hi All,
 >
 > What"s the best way to actually be able to play Internet Radio?
 >
 > eg: Shotcast/Icecast Streams.
 >
 > I noticed the plugin "shoutcast grabber.pl" but am unsure how to use it.
 >
 > Can anyone help me out with this?
 >
 > ps: I don"t want to run a icecast server.

 I added the following line to my AUDIO_ITEMS section ;

 ("WebRadio", "/home/freevo/fxd/webradio.fxd"),

 Location of the fxd file is wherever you want, but the fxd file contains
 the info for each radiostation. Like so;

[SNIP]

 The only problem I appear to have with this system is forcing the
 webradio audio to use my digital out hwplug from my soundcard, whereas
 all my other movies and music use digital flawlessly. (*shrug*)

Thanks Justin, It worked perfectly. The only thing which is not working
perfectly is unfortunately the Audio Stream played by either Mplayer or
fbxine. There seems to be cracks and hisses in the stream when played
from xine. Is there another alternative for this?? (trying it out from
my laptop using xine cracks and hisses, xmms is fine.)

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz