THANK YOU!

This was exactly what I was missing. I somehow managed to overlook the link to that page at the bottom of the AnalogueTvConfig page.

On to recording!

Thanks again,
Davin

Rob Shortt wrote:

Hi,

If you're using ivtv you need to configure the VIDEO_GROUPS section in local_conf.py. There's some information in the wiki docs about this but an example for North America is:

VIDEO_GROUPS = [
    VideoGroup(vdev='/dev/video0',
               adev=None,
               input_type='tuner',
               input_num=4,
               tuner_norm='NTSC',
               tuner_chanlist='us-cable',
               desc='Regular cable',
               group_type='ivtv',
               recordable=True),
]

Make sure you take note of the input_num part. That is the input number of the tuner on my ivtv card - svideo / composite are different numbers.

The mplayer TV plugin looks at this information and decides whether or not to use tv:// (which doesn't work for ivtv) or to setup the ivtv device itself.

-Rob