On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 16:04 +0100, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> Below are some things I think we should start discussing;

I have all these requirements for MeBox too.

No doubt you can borrow from http://sault.org/mebox/livetv.php

> b, Picture in Picture

See d.

> c, Video thumbnailer/miniview

vf_outbuf:  http://sault.org/~tack/vf_outbuf.jpg

Those are all running movies that are being rendered to a canvas.  The
canvas there is Evas, but it'd be trivial to make that work with Mevas.

> d, 32bit RGBA OSD overlay

vf_osd: http://sault.org/~tack/vf_osd.jpg

vf_osd performs well enough that picture-in-picture is possible.  (X2 is
a running movie on the OSD from another mplayer instance using
vf_outbuf.)   See the current version of the docs at
http://sault.org/~tack/vf_osd.txt for more info.

Dischi knows a bit about what I'm working on.  Basically vf_osd is a
successor to my bmovl2 work.  It provides a more generic OSD interface.
I will be submitting a patch to the mplayer list this week.  When I do,
please join into the discussion so that the mplayer developers will see
there is a use (and a demand) for something like this.

Cheers,
Jason.