Davin Desborough wrote:

Taking a wild guess, but perhaps it's one of your local_conf.py options. The "integer is greater than maximum" is what makes me think this. I would double check the number settings of TV_IVTV_OPTIONS and VIDEO_GROUPS.

You don't mention what card you are using, but here is what I have for a pvr 250:

It's a PVR150. It works well enough when just using mplayer on /dev/video0, and channel switching (ptune, or the ivtvctl program) is also OK.
I am using the latest stable (0.2.0-rc3j) ivtv driver.

My video groups looks like this:

VIDEO_GROUPS = [
    VideoGroup(vdev="/dev/video0",
               adev=None,
               input_type='tuner',
               group_type='ivtv',
               input_num=6,
               tuner_norm='pal',
               tuner_chanlist='europe-west',
               desc='Default Video Group',
               recordable=True),
]
I didn't specifiy any TV_IVTV_OPTIONS, but doing so made no difference. And looking at the traceback,I don't think the queryfunction (the badly formed ioctl) is dependent on any configuration at all either.