Hi All,
        Has anyone on this list been able to get VLC intergrated into Freevo? I
am currently running Freevo as a set-top box and set-up a separate
server box running VLC and acting as a VoD server.

Right now, VLC is using RTSP protocol (Live.com media streaming
implementation protocol) and xine does not support it. Even though
Mplayer is said to support it, but according to the Mplayer and
live.com's devel, it's support is broken. (Hence I can't use neither
mplayer nor xine to play the VLC VoD Streams)

Per freevo-archive, Dirk Meyer had this to say

[quote]
So why not vlc? First of all, I couldn't get it running. Second: every
new player (vlc, gstreamer, whatever) takes time to integrate into
Freevo. I don't have that time. So _I_ will only integrate two
programs: mplayer and xine. But this two will be integrated with
freevo having _full_ control over the stream and freevo drawing on top
of the video. So this is more important to me than supporting every
player. But if someone whats to help, I would accept vlc patches.
[/quote]

So, since this is a feature which I would like to have, I'm willing to
put up a bounty for it. If there are interest, please email me offline
to work out the details.

Thanks for the great work thus far on freevo.

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!