Ashley Dawkins wrote:

A while ago I wrote a wiki page for DirectFB.org which explains how to
set up the TV out on a Matrox G400 DH Max, don't know if it helps but it
is here:http://directfb.org/wiki/index.php/Matrox_G400_Dual_Head and I
have written some stuff on http://www.linuxowl.com/hardware.html#problems.

It may help.
Duncan