I second debian, it is more flexible and free in my opinion.

Mike

On 10/12/06, Ewen Cumming <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
I use Gentoo, which I've found pretty good once I installed although
it takes a long time to install, and I've had to recompile the kernel
for support I forgot about a couple of times (usb etc.).

So if I was to re-pick I would probably choose Debian because:
- the OS install is much easier and faster
- the package management is superb
- no bloat
- it has instructions :)
http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/doc/FreevoAptDebian