Evan Hisey wrote:
> Andrew-
>  Okay, I was not getting smpeg to compile with out them. I will change
> that on the wiki then. Did you need to turn it off with a configure
> option? I will take an other stab at compiling with out them and see
> what I get.
>
> Evan
>
> On 10/24/06, Andrew Jergens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Evan,
>>
>> You're definitely mistaken about smpeg being a requirement of pygame.  It's
>> an OPTIONAL dependency.  I've actually compiled pygame and am running Freevo
>> without smpeg.  Additionally, I'm 99.99% sure Numeric is also an OPTIONAL
>> dependency.

Something to do with sndarray and surfarray; surfarray is used in osd.py
and animation/transition.py.

A quick grep through the sources will reveal what is used. I use:
grep -r --include="*py" "<regex>" src
or
grep -r --include="*.[ch] "<regex>" /path/to/c/libs/

>> If Freevo doesn't use any of the functionality that Numberic
>> gives us (not sure how you would test for that), we need to definitely note
>> that in the wiki, or remove Numeric from the requirements section.

Doesn't freevo cache require pysqlite-1.0.1 and so sqlite-2.8.16? Higher
versions don't work. IIRC freevo cache complains that it is not there.