Duncan-
  Seems I am having trouble reproducing that zip error again. As far I
can tell nothing has changed on my software. It may have been a race
condition that caused it.I will keep trying to find it again. Also
there is an issue with using versions of Xine that are not compiled
with lirc spport. Freevo assumes it is there and sends the -nolirc
option to xine which crashes if lirc  support was not compiled in.
This is really an xine bug. Should it be listed as a known problem or
do you want to try to code a freevo side fix. There is a work around
that I have been using that involved editing teh xine.py plugin to
remove the -nolirc option from the command line. Maybe set
local_config.py switch to turn it on or off?

Evan