Anyone else seeing Freevo 1.6 use a lot of CPU when idle?

My installation seems to be looping over select on a socket (from
running strace on the process): It uses about 85% of my 1GHz Duron
continuously until I play a stored video file. After returning to the
freevo menu, it will then use about 25% of the CPU continuously
thereafter. Which is slightly weird.

I've tried killing all the plugins, but it still does it. Maybe it's a
python problem? (I'm using python 2.4 if it makes any difference.)

Any thoughts?

cheers, Phil