Duncan Webb wrote:

>> Hmm, I was hoping to be able to just scan VIDEO_GROUPS. I was hoping
>> there already were functions for that. ;-)
>>

> VideoGroups is set up manually, suppose it could be auto-generated, but
> may need some manual adjustment.

indeed. I can also find the number of cards by simply looking for all
ivtv entries in VIDEO_GROUPS

> If you have the index then you also have the device name (vdev).

Hmm, yes, under the current assumption that all cards are ivtv. actually
it is an index in the cards as managed by the chosen record type (and
hence refers to a list of active recording threads)

--
Paul Sijben             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Amersfoort, NL          http://www.sijben.net