Jaap Struyk wrote:
> Op za 23-12-2006, om 20:30 schreef Duncan Webb:
>
>> Strange you should say this, I use lfs and cross-lfs (AMD) on my freevo
>> machines :)
>
> Same overhere, got hlfs on my freevo/server and clfs-1.0 on me and my
> daughters workstation. (with paco as package management)
> If you use amd for freevo box, take a look at f/v/cool utilitys, it puts
> the cpu in sleep mode on idle, a bit like cpu-freq only the hrad way.
> This will save cpu power so producing less heat wich result in
> smaller/slower (and therefore quit) fans.

I use the conservative mode, the AMD is so powerful it is nearly always
in conservative mode. Do you have a link to f/v/cool utilitys?

>> Hard and lots of work :D
>
> It depends, my plan was to start with a stable excisting development
> platform wich can be the (small) base.
> On top off that some base packages (tgz) to lett basic freevo run.
> If someone would have the need for letts say the tv part, he/she could
> create the tgz using the same base, actualy a dedicated freevo dist,
> but...
> I came acros a posting about freevo2 intergration in geexbox, is that
> for real?

Already done, on their home page: http://geexbox.org/en/index.html

I did a ffs page on for my box, a little out of date now as freevo has
changed so much. http://www.linuxowl.com/ffs.html

Duncan