On 2/1/07, John Molohan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> mike lewis wrote:

> >> I gave up on it and re-wrote mplayer.py to use the streamdev-server
> >> interface.
> >>

> > I got a "uber" cutdown version of the vdr plugin working last night.
> > I think I can get tvtime and xine working in the plugin again.  Until
> > freevo can do stuff like pause live tv and force a channel switch
> > while I'm wathcing TV to force a recording to start; I think vdr or
> > something similar is the way to go..
> >
> Can't the ivtv_xine_tv plugin work with DVB (or be made to work) for
> live pause? Also doesn't the upsoon plugin do what you want for forcing
> recordings?

I don't know, do they?  All while I'm watching a stream?  As much as I
use xine for a vdr head end, vdr still does controls the channels and
pasues live tv etc.  xine is just a thin client in that perspective.
Ubuntu's build of xine is flaky and so far I havn't been able to get
it to even tune to the card.  So I went with what I knew..  That vdr
does DVB well ;-).

I'll check it out.  Sometime ;-).

[snitp]