Helmut Auer wrote:
> It works on a client only machine over network and in a standalone scenario.

Have you tried over wlan (802.11g)?
> Sure - but starting the frontend application for xineliboutput as a freevo
> command takes care of
> this. VDR is controlled by this application and freevo reacts only if this
> application is not
> started.

Ok, great. So there's a patch against freevo or vdr or xineliboutput for
sure then somewhere to enable this...  and I'll try to find it. Might
become a bit challenging though since my german ist nicht gut :)

> The next release of Gen2VDR will arrive next week - maybe you will give it a
> try :)

My Debian-based box which I run freevo on takes care of so many other
things than just my multimedia needs that I don't think I will be
switching distributions for this... ;)

Thanks a lot for your help!

juhis