Alberto Hernando wrote:
> I have freevo 1.6.3 running in a debian box.

I have debian as well.

> Well, LFS is
> less bloated and my feeling is that it runs faster. LFS users understand
> me...

Let me know how that turns out.  I'm curious to know if there's a
noticeable difference in cpu load using compiled-from-source vs. binary
packages.

> The box is a pundit-r barebone, with an igp9100 ati graphic chipset, HT
> pentium-iv. With debian, I'm using the ati drivers to get tv-out. I hope I
> can still use them. If not, perhaps I'll have to use vesa...

That's interesting.  I have an ati radeon 9700 pro in mine, and with the
stock xorg drivers with debian etch, I couldn't get tv out working (I
believe support is not included yet).  Did you patch your drivers with
the patches from gatos or are you using stock drivers?  I ended up using
vesa to get tv out and have mplayer outputting to xvidix, which works
quite nicely.

I'm replacing my ati card with a matrox 450 to reduce the fan noise a
bit and so I can tune the overscan to my liking.  The fan on my 9700 pro
is one I bought to replace the original one when it gave out, and it is
just a cheap noisy fan.  Also, I have read the matrox does a framebuffer
with a resolution equal to the resolution of the normal tv image (no
scaling), and it can output frames to the tv interlaced for smoother
playback.

Buckley