Xavier Beaudouin wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I have successfully installed my Freevo using Nova-T-500 PCI card.
>
> TV is running well and I'd like to use the feature of dual tuner of this
> card.
>
> Any hint to make a somewhat "pool" of tuners ? (eg is first one is busy
> recording for example, then use the second one for example ?).
>
> For watching TV and also recording ?

The only supported option with freevo-1 is to dedicate one of the two
tuners for recording and the other for playing, this should work fine
with DVB cards, though I don't have either DVB or a DVB card. But other
people on the list have.

If I'm not mistaken, DVB cards write mpeg files so I think you don't
need to use mencoder to capture the data stream. Search the wiki for DVB
and you may come up with something.

> For even if I specify dvb://2@<channel> in VCR_CMD, the
> /var/cache/freevo/record.video0 is still exist?
>
> Some extract of /etc/freevo/local_conf.py (debian etch) :
>
> VCR_CMD = ( CONF.mencoder + ' ' +
>              'dvb://[EMAIL PROTECTED](channel)s'  +
>              ' -ovc copy -oac copy ' +  # Direct stream copy
>              ' -idx ' +                 # Fix idx
>              '-endpos %(seconds)s ' +   # only mencoder uses this so do it
> here.
>              '-o %(filename)s ' )       # Filled in by Freevo
> #
> # [...]
> #
> VIDEO_GROUPS[0].group_type = 'dvb'
> TV_CHANNELS = [('C1.programme-television.org', 'TF1', 'TF1' ),
> ('C2.programme-television.org', 'France2', 'France2' ),
> ('C3.programme-television.org', 'France3', 'France3' ),
> ('C10.programme-television.org', 'France4', 'France4' ),
> #
> # [...]
> #
> ('C20.programme-television.org', 'TPS STAR', 'TPSSTAR' ),
> ('C21.programme-television.org', 'Paris 1ERE', 'PARISPREMIERE' ) ]

Duncan