Indeed...
Meanwhile, have I uncommented the option: TV_RECORD_SCHEDULE
and modified vdev from /dev/video0 (which is a device from my Hauppauge
Wintv-go card) to /dev/dvb value. I don't know if this is right, but it
seems logical, and this is the only reference inside /dev about something
relative to dvb.
Now I am able to place record schedules, although i get from time to time
the same error than before, but when i retry just after, it works
(apparently).
The next problem now is that the scheduled recording is timed 12 hours
before. I program to record a broadcasting that start at 23:20 for example,
and it is written in the freevo GUI that it is going to start at 11.20. What
should I configure to correct that in local_conf.py?
BTW: no info in the wiki about VIDEO_GROUPS keyword.
LOUIS

2007/5/16, Duncan Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Pirlouwi wrote:
>     Have you tried a search for VIDEO_GROUPS in the freevo wiki? This is
the
>     first place to start.
>
>     You will need to check what the correct tuner is for the TV,
possible
>     called Television or Tuner. Try:
>     v4l2-ctl --list-inputs
>     This will list the inputs for the video device and then you set the
>     input_num to be correct for you device, 0 is usually correct.
>
>     The v4l2-ctl is part of the ivtv driver but works with all v4l2
devices.

>     Duncan
>

> Here is the result of the v4l2-ctl command:
> $ v4l2-ctl --list-inputs
> ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUMINPUT
>         Input   : 0
>         Name    : Television
>         Type    : 0x00000001
>         Audioset: 0x00000001
>         Tuner   : 0x00000000
>         Standard: 0x0000000000FFBFFF ( PAL NTSC SECAM )
>         Status  : 256
>
>         Input   : 1
>         Name    : Composite1
>         Type    : 0x00000002
>         Audioset: 0x00000001
>         Tuner   : 0x00000000
>         Standard: 0x0000000000FFBFFF ( PAL NTSC SECAM )
>         Status  : 0
>
>         Input   : 2
>         Name    : S-Video
>         Type    : 0x00000002
>         Audioset: 0x00000001
>         Tuner   : 0x00000000
>         Standard: 0x0000000000FFBFFF ( PAL NTSC SECAM )
>         Status  : 0
>
>         Input   : 3
>         Name    : Composite3
>         Type    : 0x00000002
>         Audioset: 0x00000001
>         Tuner   : 0x00000000
>         Standard: 0x0000000000FFBFFF ( PAL NTSC SECAM )
>         Status  : 0
>

> I only see data of my Wintv-go tuner card. I do not see any information
> about my Freecom DVB USB stick.
>
> What should I do to know the correct setting to put inside the
> VIDEO_GROUPS array of freevo?
> Is there a similar command for dvb material?

The possible group_type are:
'ivtv', 'webcam', 'dvb', 'tvalsa', 'normal'
When the type is something else then normal is used.

I believe that you need to select group_type='dvb' in VIDEO_GROUPS and
set the TV_CHANNELS in local_conf.py.

As far as I can tell only the mplayer tv plug-in supports dvb.

Hopefully someone with a dvb card or stick can help you further.

When you succeed and I'm sure you will may be you can update the wiki
page for the Freecom DVB stick.

Duncan