John Molohan wrote:
> Duncan Webb wrote:
>> Christian Lyra wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I had observed the same while ago, but it stop to respond after
>>> pressing a key some times in the remote (like pressing N times the
>>> forward button while trying to find a scene).

>> Strange error, did you happen to press the eject button when playing a
>> DVD from the DVD drive?
>>
> No but I was watching a DVD this time. When the crash happened xine
> continued to play the DVD through to the end, I then killed it and
> freevo was no longer running. However it happened while playing a
> recorded show from hdd last night also but this time freevo didn't crash
> but again lirc events were being ignored by xine anyway. I could see my
> button presses in the main log. When I eventually killed xine I was
> returned to freevo. So definitely 2 different situations but both with
> the same loss of control. Seems quite strange.

Do you have a freevo schedule favorites running in the background? May
be "Building the xml hash database" is being called while the DVD is
playing.

>> The Identify_Thread is in rom_drives and "Building the xml hash
>> database" is in the video/__init__, so I'm wondering what was happening
>> at the time
>>
>> Duncan
>>
> I'll check the logs today if I can to see if there was anything strange
> around the second instance but I don't recall anything.

In the meantime I've written a new version of childapp, that uses
subprocess, may be you would like to test it for me. Just copy it over
the src/childapp.py and run python setup.py install. You can always get
the old one back by removing the new childapp and running a svn update.
Or you can move the files about.

Duncan