I wrote a bash script which writes xmltv to a filename with a date of
today (something like 20070315_TV.xml), then ln -s to /tmp/TV.xml.
Then, everytime it runs it first checks the date of the xmltv
filename, then it check for internet connectivity, then ir runs an
update.

Anyone is welcome to the script if they are interested.  Will save
time someone writing it agian, but it's not integrated into freevo at
all.  It does call freevo cache after an update though..

I run it via cron. I have noticed recently this one thing:
freevo schedulefavourites "used to" update xmltv and then schedule new
recordings.  I don't use the recordserver in freevo ATM.
schedulefavourites won't run when when recordserver isn't running.
Which means, to update xmltv you need to run freevo cache.  This seems
a big overkill for something that happens so regularly??

Mike