On Thursday, May 31, 2007, 8:50:44 AM, Trejkaz wrote:

>> FYI, maybe technology is outpacing your ability to code once again. Got
>> my playstation 3 running on framebuffer @1920x1080p with freevo 1.7.2 :-)

> Awesome.  How is the PS3 at decoding a really awful combination of codecs?
>  Let's say, H.264 video with AAC audio.  Does it have enough CPU power to
> push that at 1080p?  (Although I ask this knowing that most available HD
> videos out there are 720, not 1080.)

Installed Gentoo on it the day before Yesterday, so still in the experimenting
stage. And it's my first time using framebuffer so much to learn there
especially when using fullscreen video's. For that the zoom option is needed and
found that SDL works best in these circumstances but doesn't cooperate that
well in conjunction with freevo. Albeit sws is required most of the time and it
stresses the hardware a lot. Don't have any 1920x1080p or 1080i content or h264
with aac content yet to play with, but maybe later.

Some people reported here that with YDL the weren't able to set freevo at 1080p
due
to an error in pygame but none are found in gentoo until know.

But i must admit there still a lot of development on the ps3(ppc64)so things
shall improve overtime, and not sure if you might call it production ready :-)

Have to reinstall gentoo again, because of user error (forgot to enlarge the
linuxpartition, defaults to 10 GB) and if I find the time I write something up
on the wiki when redoing the whole process.

   /Robert