Ow Mun Heng a écrit :
> I'm wondering on the new VLC plugin and how it can be used.
>
> Is it only useful for RTSP streams or can it also be used for normal
> video? I would suppose that normal video is doable also, however, I
> can't get it configured.

Hi,

The vlc plugin is very, very poor at the moment. It only support rstp
streams (and is configured to refuse any other kind of medias), and even
in that case, is poorly implemented in freevo.
I did some very small adjustments to decrease the error  level, only. I
really wish to integrate vlc properly, but I'm a very very slow worker
:-) So if someone else is interested, welcome :-)
> plugin.activate('video.vlc')
>
> when running it, I get this in the logs
>

> ============
> failed to load plugin video.vlc
> start 'freevo plugins -l' to get a list of plugins
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/freevo/plugin.py", line 558, in
> __load_plugin__
>     p = eval(object)()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/freevo/video/plugins/vlc.py",
> line 24, in __init__
>     plugin.register(Vlc(), plugin.VIDEO_PLAYER, True)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/freevo/video/plugins/vlc.py",
> line 42, in __init__
>     self.cmd        = config.VLC_CMD
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'VLC_CMD'

Yes, this is a 'normal' bug, just corrected in freevo 1.7.2 : you have
to rerun freevo setup to automagically add vlc in your freevo.conf file,
or alternatively, you can do this add manually.