I have a similar problem with the TV listsings... but its the TV Guide
chewing up memory. I haven't noticed because until recently we have not
had to add or remove programs, we usually have a set of favorites that
we don't change much.

I have a system with only 256 megs of ram, so things run quite close to
the limit!

When I start freevo (1.7.2), I have about 90meg of free memory (reported
with the idle bar plugin).

First time I view the TV guide, I lose about 40meg - 50meg of memory (I
have a 3.6meg TV.xml file). I didn't think much of this, but today I
went to the TV guide again, it did the "preparing TV listing" thing, and
I lost another 10meg, I now only have 13meg of free memory in the system..

I will report back tomorrow when I have another TV listing, to see if it
losing memory every time I process a new set of XML.