--- John Molohan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jody Gugelhupf wrote:
> > hi ppl,
> > just wanted to inform that I have updated the freevo wiki - tips and tricks:
> > http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/doc/TipsAndTricks
> > I have added a description how you can add an extra tab in which you have
> > an embedded
> mediaplayer
> > which opens a live stream from you tvcard so you can watch TV over the
> > internet, also it
> describes
> > how you can switch channels through the website and start and stop the
> > streamserver through
> the
> > web interface. If someone has a better idea to do this more efficient, e.g.
> > read out the
> > channelinfo from the local_conf.py and then generate the necessary files
> > automatically or if
> you
> > have question feel free to contact me. On my own site I also included a tab
> > and combined it
> with
> > some scripts to control a relaycard attached to my parrallel port to
> > control home appliances
> like
> > lights (turn on/off) and cameras etc. if someone is interested in that let
> > me know,
> > have a good one :)
> > Katie Jody Gugelhopf
> >

> This is cool stuff Jody and it looks like a feature freevo could really
> do with. People currently pay a lot of money for these new pvr boxes
> that do exactly that - let them stream their recordings to them anywhere
> in the world. Duncan what are the chances of getting something like this
> fully integrated into a future release?

well actually freevo already streams your recordings to anywhere in the world
and also the your
other media files, that was already on the freevo webserver, but i guess u mean
the streaming of
live tv, nowadays because i can do all the stuff on the freevo webserver i can
do with the freevo
application i don't start the freevo app anymore, just use the webserver for
everthing :) anyhow i
thought about to do a patch for the tv stuff, but the problem is that there a
lots of files you
have to create in order for it to work (for all the channels you want to be
able to watch), but i
think it should be possible, for a sophistcated programmer and not a noob like
me ;), to use
variables or something like this, so freevo could maybe generate or read out
the necessary
files/info once the user set the things in the local_conf.py, that would be
much nicer and easier
to implement i believe, i'm trying to get that working but like i said i'm a
noob when it comes to
that, but i didn't give up on it yet, hope to have a solution like this in the
near future :)

l8rs
jody :D

boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca