I wrote the code and wrote it to be very conservative. I've never noticed a
'cut too much' scenario but I have seen the opposite but it's a rarity. I
have noticed that it's 100% accurate on most channels but on some channels
it's almost never sees the blackframes; I'm guessing that the frames are
dark enough. I do not have enough time to adjust the algorithm or port it to
use a different 'program' but it does work good enough for my everyday use.