On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Sorry for the rather late,

That's ok.  I was able to get it running.

> Great example what I need, definitely the simplest options as there will
> be no need to update the python module if the protocol changes.

The problem is live pause.  Because you need to ring buffer for it.  This
probably would not work.

> Hopefully you got this working, but if you haven't I suspect it is to do
> with the fact that you have spaces in your channel names, so they are
> being split into separate arguments when your script is called.

I ran "freevo tv_grab --query".  This setup the proper channel mapping.
I also had to code a better "tvrec" script to handle signle events and
stop recording.

> On the live pause plugin side of things, I've got pause working with
> DVBStreamer again (haven't check CPU usage yet) but there are still a few
> kinks to work out. This time I am going to try and support Mplayer, Xine
> and VLC (as this hopefully will allow SVG to be used to render the OSD).

I checked out DVBStreamer and wanted to code a HDHomeRun version (which I
will be doing).  The problem is the code relies on mmap() for the ring
buffer and I want to do HD streams.  At 1080i, I get 8GB/hour which the
existing ring buffer code will not support.  It needs to be recoded to
only use the filesystem interface (seek, read, write) in order to support
those file sizes.  I would like a minimum of an hour.  So, my first task
is to recode the ring buffer for large file support.  I will probably
create a separate plugin for the HDHomeRun interface rather then try to
shoehorn it into the DVBStreamer code.  I'll post the result when I finish
it.

Later,
M@