Evan Hisey wrote:
> Hey-
>   I found a new feature, or at least new to me, in the configure
> directory settings of the freevo UI. Directory Autobuild Thumbnails.
> IT is set by default to "auto" which does not seem to really do
> anything as far as I can tell. on the other hand if I set it to one it
> goes and makes thumbnails for all the files that do not have one in
> the directory. The question then is, what exactly is the setting to
> make this teh defaul behavior for freevo. I add a lot Anime videos to
> a network share that I use with freevo and the thumbnails are nice,
> but doing it by hand for a 100+ files sucks.

It is possible to set the " Directory Autobuild Thumbnails" to on, i.e,
add to local_conf.py:

VIDEO_DIRECTORY_AUTOBUILD_THUMBNAILS=True

Then when you enter this directory freevo builds the Thumbnails.

A helper to recursively scan the video items is something that we need
to develop.

Basically freevo runs:
/usr/bin/freevo execute
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo/util/videothumb.pyc
/usr/local/bin/mplayer /freevo/record/20071113_2105_Kassensturz.mp4
/var/lib/freevo/overlay/freevo/record/20071113_2105_Kassensturz.mp4.raw.tmp

This may not be too difficult to write.

HTH
Duncan