On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, Duncan Webb wrote:
> >> Wow you have rather a lot of problems.

> >> Warning: freevo_config.py was changed, please check local_conf.py
> >>
> >> This means that you should run:
> >> freevo convert_config /home/freevo/.freevo/local_conf.py
> >
> > and i did all that hand editing with find and replace
>
> convert_config doesn't catch all the changes, if you worry about using it
> first make a copy of /home/freevo/.freevo/local_conf.py say to
> /home/freevo/.freevo/local_conf.py-5.21 and then run it, it saves a lot of
> effort and possible errors.
>
> Duncan

Finally success
Last lesson here is don't run CHILD_APP_DEBUG=1 when freevo doesn't have write
access to /var/log/freevo

another one I caught was
VIDEO_GROUPS = [
had to be TV_VIDEO_GROUPS

I'm up to local_conf.py.v7 now
just periodically save to local_conf.py
and test, test, test

--
  Of course I can keep secrets. It's the people I tell them to that
  can't keep them. -Anthony Haden-Guest