On Mon, 24 Dec 2007, Andreas Dick wrote:
> saluti
> is there a 1.7.5 deb package allready available? I normaly install freevo
> from geole.info site, but this is still on 1.7.3...
> it is not problem for me to install from tarbal, but what is the easiest
> way..? I will try:
> -> setup new gutsy box
> -> install 1.7.3 from geole.info with aptitude (for the reqirements)
> -> download 1.7.5 as tarbal and install it
>
> my Questions:
> -> what have I to look for if I install them parallel?
> -> exist new additional requirements for 1.7.5?
>
> any suggestions?
> thanks and gruäss
> Andreas

You have to get the list of dependencies for the packages and then install
the -dev package of each.
eg, kaa-imlib2 needs imlib2, and to compile you need imlib2-dev as well.
None of the packages involved is large, and that seems the quickest way to
list them all.
I have just done a similar job, based on Mepis 6.9 which is a Debian based
distro.

--
What a strange game.  The only winning move is not to play.
                -- WOP, "War Games"