Hi,

i continued testing. I added the following line
remote = 'mceusb' to the entries UP and DOWN in lircrc. Then i don't get
the message

no event mapping ....... in context menu for the buttons UP and DOWN.

But freevo still doesn't move up and down in the menu when i press the
button UP or DOWN on my remote.

Cheers
Andreas
Duncan Webb schrieb:
> Stephen Rowles said the following, on 03/02/2008 21:55:
>
>> Andreas Will wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> i have a problem with my Microsoft Mediacenter Remote.
>>> I followed all the steps described in http://doc.freevo.org/Lirc
>>>
>>> I tested the installation with
>>>
>>> ircat --config=/etc/freevo/lircrc freevo
>>>
>>> Everything works fine. The mapping is correct.
>>>
>>> But when starting freevo, the romote doesn't work. I can press any
>>> button, nothing happens. What wrong ?
>>>

>> Not sure what is up, for me I setup the lirc config file and that was
>> it, I don't have anything special in my local_config file.
>>
>> I've attached my mappings, which are for a MCE remote, that might help
>>

> I don't think that is Andreas problem, as ircat is working. I wonder if
> pylirc is installed as this is the module that freevo uses for the lirc
> daemon.
>
> Duncan

Andreas Will
Ringstr. 55