Andreas Will said the following, on 04/02/2008 20:28:
> Hi,
>
> i continued testing. I added the following line
> remote = 'mceusb' to the entries UP and DOWN in lircrc. Then i don't
> get the message
>
> no event mapping ....... in context menu for the buttons UP and DOWN.
>
> But freevo still doesn't move up and down in the menu when i press the
> button UP or DOWN on my remote.

Well if freevo is seeing the events that it means that pylirc is
working, I wonder if it is really saying something like:
no event mapping for ' UP' (an extra space somethere that you can see in
the message)

The event mappings for menu are:
MENU_EVENTS = {
    'LEFT'      : MENU_LEFT,
    'RIGHT'     : MENU_RIGHT,
    'UP'        : MENU_UP,
    'DOWN'      : MENU_DOWN,
    'CH+'       : MENU_PAGEUP,
    'CH-'       : MENU_PAGEDOWN,
    'MENU'      : MENU_GOTO_MAINMENU,
    'TV'        : MENU_GOTO_TV,
    'MUSIC'     : MENU_GOTO_MUSIC,
    'VIDEOS'    : MENU_GOTO_VIDEOS,
    'PICTURES'  : MENU_GOTO_IMAGES,
    'SHUTDOWN'  : MENU_GOTO_SHUTDOWN,
    'EXIT'      : MENU_BACK_ONE_MENU,
    'SELECT'    : MENU_SELECT,
    'PLAY'      : MENU_PLAY_ITEM,
    'ENTER'     : MENU_SUBMENU,
    'DISPLAY'   : MENU_CHANGE_STYLE,
    'EJECT'     : EJECT
    }

so 'UP' and 'DOWN' do exist and should send a MENU_UP and MENU_DOWN
event to the menu.

You can change the line in rc.py from:
print 'no event mapping for key %s in context %s' % (key, self.context)
print 'no event mapping for key %r in context %s' % (key, self.context)

Note the %s is changed to a %r then it might reveal what is going on.

If there is a trailing space in your lircrc config in the config = lines
then this could be passed onto freevo as 'UP '

sed -i 's/  *$//' /etc/freevo/lircrc
will fix this.

Duncan

Duncan