Hi!,

I've bought a new Microsoft's Remote MCE and I'm trying to control
volume. I'm using alsa and not oss, but the plugin desactives when I
open freevo. It says that /dev/mixer does not exist.

Also, I tried to control MPlayer's volume, but something strange happen.
I'm using IEC958 and I can't control it with any mixer. I tried
alsamixer and I can't control the volume even with Master, just mute the
IEC958.

I'm lost. I'm trying to set softvol to mplayer and put a initial volume
but does not work fine. An initial volume around 50% of 100% without
external gain like softvol-max.

What did you if you are using alsa ?

Thanks