Ignacio Quezada wrote:
> Hi!,
>
> I've bought a new Microsoft's Remote MCE and I'm trying to control
> volume. I'm using alsa and not oss, but the plugin desactives when I
> open freevo. It says that /dev/mixer does not exist.
>
> Also, I tried to control MPlayer's volume, but something strange happen.
> I'm using IEC958 and I can't control it with any mixer. I tried
> alsamixer and I can't control the volume even with Master, just mute the
> IEC958.
>
> I'm lost. I'm trying to set softvol to mplayer and put a initial volume
> but does not work fine. An initial volume around 50% of 100% without
> external gain like softvol-max.
>
> What did you if you are using alsa ?

If you use pass-thru for digital output you may not be able to control
the volume at all. It is just passed to the stereo. I have the same
setup and can not control the auto with Freevo. Does alsamixer work
for you?

Dischi

--
Diplomat: A man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never
remembers her age.