John Molohan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wanted to note that after some recent svn updates my rel-1 install
> is now noticeably quicker in some areas. One definite area is when
> choosing shutdown there is no longer a long pause before the
> confirmation prompt appears with the next scheduled wakeup date. I'm
> pretty sure adding a program to record and listing favourites in the web
> server is also a lot faster. Nice work Duncan.

I took out the updateFavoriteSchedule call, with was being called at
least twice and takes between 5-10 seconds to run. Actually made the
call optional and by default turned off.

The TV interface to the recordserver and especially the guide is
noticeably more responsive, thanks to kaa.rpc.

However, I'm having big problems with recording, after the first call to
the subprocess Popen when called from the recordserver (should not
affect the ivtv_record) it does not work any more. So can you let me
know if you are having problems. It could be that each call with kaa.rpc
is creating a new connection which is not being closed.

I'm also having problems with shut down, just does seem to work any
more, but this may only be with DirectFB frame buffers.

I'm a bit stuck with these problems as they are intermittent and haven't
had any success tracking them down.

Duncan