Am Montag, 1. September 2008 22.20:26 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ ls -l /dev/lirc*
> srw-rw-rw- 1 root root  0 2008-08-27 22:46 /dev/lircd=
> prw-r--r-- 1 root root  0 2008-08-27 22:46 /dev/lircm|
> /dev/lirc:
> total 0
> crw-rw---- 1 root root 61, 0 2008-08-27 22:46 0

good, your kernel module is loaded right.
strange, but do you have a file /dev/lirc/0 ?
$ ls -l /dev/lirc/0
then this is new for me (but this is dirstro-dependend)...
just try now
$ cat /dev/lirc/0
if you see some strange characters while pressing buttons, your on the way!
try then
$ mode2 -d /dev/lirc/0
if this gives you numbers as output while pressing buttons, your still on the
way :-)
then you have to use /dev/lirc/0 allways you have to set a lirc device name,
e.g. in /etc/lirc/lircd.conf

waiting your answers
Andreas