Am Mittwoch, 3. September 2008 19.17:39 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> Le Wed, 3 Sep 2008 15:04:20 +0200 (CEST),
>
> "Andreas Dick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :
> > NOOOO, not at all, not if you have read my last post!
>
> sorry :(  I didn't understand something ...
no problem. I know, understanding lirc is a mess for beginners. once it was
the same for me... :-)

> -> irw do not have a -d option... it just read the soket created
>
> > trough lircd at /dev/lircd
> >
> > and lircd only runs if the config file is valid. and you get no error
> > from lircd because it is a daemon! unless you use the nodaemon option:
> >
> > $ lircd -n -d /dev/lirc/0 /path/to/lircd.conf
> > if you get errors, you have to fix them first!
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] patrick]# lircd -n -d /dev/lirc/0 /etc/lircd.conf
> lircd-0.8.3-CVS[7805]: lircd(userspace) ready
ok. your lircd seems to be up and running

> > I suppose you do not have a valid lircd.conf... can you please post
> > it?
> >
> > Andreas
>
> my lircd.conf :   http://photos-click.com/freevo/lircd.conf
hmmm. I had no success with the RAW method. have you this lircd.conf made with
irrecord or got it from somewhere?
I propose you to try to create a normal lircd.conf with irrecord... this can
become a mess as well... I was successful when I tried to train just one
button first. If you have then the parameters for this you can start with
this valid config for the others.

> i have this in etc/  do i have one in /home/patrick/.freevo ?
It do not depend where it is, I believe default is /etc/lircd.conf
or /etc/lirc/lircd.conf (distro dependend)
but for tests you can use a test.conf somewhere in your home and pass it as
argument to lircd and irrecord

> thank all for patience .
wellcome in the club of linux hackers... everyday standing in front of another
even bigger wall, but never giving up to climb :-)

Andreas