Maybe you have to try to change one or more settings.

#
# Settings for ivtv based cards such as the WinTV PVR-250/350.
#
# XXX TODO: Add descriptions and valid settings for each option.
# bitrate in bps
# stream type
# Options are: 0 (mpeg2_ps), 1 (mpeg2_ts), 2 (mpeg1), 3 (mpeg2_pes_av),
#              5 (mpeg2_pes_v), 7 (mpeg2_pes_a), 10 (dvd)

I also don't know most of the options. What kind of stream type do you
use? 14? Well, try a lower one. I use 10 for DVD quality. Don't know if
there is a better (higher) value available. I would also try to change
the audio_bitmask. Try 0xE9.

Markus