Stafford Goodsell wrote:

> An update on this problem for the mailinglist archives:
>
> After alot of headaches, I found out that when using PYTHONPATH, you
> need to leave off the last bit of the package directory, so it should
> have been
> PYTHONPATH=/opt/freevo/lib/python2.4/site-packages/, not
> PYTHONPATH=/opt/freevo/lib/python2.4/site-packages/kaa.
>
> Alot of the other wierdness has been solved when I did it properly and
> it now runs... sort of. I get a window with a menu anyway. Whats really
> wierd is that if I completely leave it out, I get this very nice error:
>
> Can't find all Python dependencies:
> No module named imlib2

Not really weird, the import is kaa.imlib2 where the '.' translates to a
'/' in the Linux file system.

Out of interest, why do you want to install kaa in a non-standard location?

I would expect, using the defaults, that kaa would have been installed
in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/kaa and then you wouldn't have to
mess around with setting PYTHONPATH and so preventing a few headaches. ;-)

> That completely threw me. I don't know if thats some odd behaviour of
> python, or what, but I would have thought giving it the wrong directory,
> should result in the same message.

Duncan