Pascal Schirrmann a écrit :

>> I'm in France, so most program are in SECAM, I don't know if this has
>> something to do with my trouble.
>>

> OK, I got it (and in some ways, it returns to freevo, sorry :-|).
>
> Since long time, PVR card did work in a kind of generic PAL or generic
> SECAM mode. For secam, this was a value of ff0000, witch this result :
>
> $ v4l2-ctl -S
> Video Standard = 0x00ff0000
>         SECAM-B/D/G/H/K/K1/L/Lc
>
> This doesn't work anymore (at least on my system !)
> But if I select the 'French secam' (that is, secam-L) :
> $ v4l2-ctl -s secam-L
> Standard set to 00400000
> $ v4l2-ctl -S
> Video Standard = 0x00400000
>         SECAM-L
>

> Then the sound is back here (to be able to do that, I change the
> standard in ferrvo.conf to a wrong value. So freevo complains, but the
> TV has sound !)

OK, I tried my chance on the ivtv-users list, and here is the answer of
Hans Verkuil :

Hi Pascal,

It's not a bug, it's the right behavior. I'm even a bit surprised that
this has worked in the past. Setting generic secam is a bad thing to do
as there is really no such thing. In practice you have SECAM-BG,
SECAM-DK and SECAM-L. And it is basically undefined what will happen if
you just set SECAM.

Regards,

        Hans

Seeing the number of files owned by Hans in the ivtv project, I suppose
that this can be seen as an authoritative answer.

Should I submit a bug request in Freevo (Or should I try to patch myself
? I'll try, but I'm soo slow...)

Thanks,
Pascal