On Mon, November 24, 2008 7:33 pm, Pascal Schirrmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally add a DVB USB stick on my (very gifted ;-) ) freevo box.
>
> I must say that adding this stick was fairly easy (I just had a trouble
> obtaining a good channels.conf file, but that's out of topic).
>
> But after adding the correct entries in TV_VIDEO_GROUPS and TV_CHANNELS,
> I started freevo, and the ivtv_xine_tv plugins complains about my dvb
> group.
>
> So I went back to the generic tv player and I can watch analog and
> digital TV broadcast (I still have a trouble recording, but I think I
> could deal with that.
>
> But I lost all new toys, like live pause and so on. And I think that the
> dvb livepause (livepause2) plugin give this kind of option for digital
> TV, like ivtv_xine_tv does for analog TV.
>
> Funniest part is that in the two cases, a TV broadcast is for freevo a
> MPEG flow (more or less) So I believe one plugin could do the trick for
> the two cases.

Yep thats right.

> Right now, is there a solution ? I'm maybe missing a well known solution
> (let me hope :-) ) ?

Yes and no, I put together a patch for livepause that should allow it to
work with ivtv cards, but I haven't been able to test it (no PVR card here
only DVB) and I haven't submitted it yet.

Perhaps the best thing to do is submit the patch and put a link to the new
app that is also required to make ivtv and livepause play nicely togther,
Duncan what do you think? (oh and of course find some time to write the
instuctions ;-) )

Cheers

Adam