Duncan Webb wrote:

>> 2) I'm having trouble with STOP.  Using the STOP key, it takes a long time
>> to exit.  Is this normal?  A couple of times, I was forced to kill -9 the
>> mplayer app.
>
> Which version of lastfm?

The first version, lastfm

> There is a bug in mplayer that it cannot handle the lastfm urls
> correctly and won't play the track.\

I'm able to play the tracks with my version of mplayer

MPlayer dev-SVN-r27514-4.3.0 (C) 2000-2008 MPlayer Team

I just have to manually kill mplayer to stop it.

> In lastfm2 a workaround for this is to create a thread and download the
> track when enough has been downloaded mplayer start playing the file.
> STOP will stop mplayer but may not kill the thread.

I tried lastfm2, however, I found that it would play some track for maybe
10 seconds, then stop.  I will try again.

Jim