Hi Folks!

I've got a Freevo backend recordserver with two IVTV cards (PVR-150's).
/dev/video0 does all my regular recording through the recordserver, and I just
hooked up /dev/video1 to a VHS player to transfer off videos before we get rid
of the VHS decks.   It works well enough just setting the input manually with
the command
v4l2-ctl -d 1 -i 2
 to set the composite input, and then doing a
cat /dev/video1 > /path/file.mpg
to record the mpg video.

I'm hoping to improve the process somewhat.  I'm hoping to get something going
like a manual record where I could specify a start and end time so I don't have
to remember to fire up ssh & screen and hit ctl+c to end it when it's done.
Any ideas for that?

The other thing would be a live preview.  I've tried using VLC and pvr://, but
it pulls up the tuner instead.  I have X available on that box; any ideas how I
can preview the composite input to adjust tracking?

Thanks!

/Mike