OK, I didn't get anywhere, so I tried this on another PC with a similar config.
Again I used the mint repositories to install freevo 1.8.1 through synaptic and
had similar porblems. I then used standard channels and not frequencies, again
similar problems. Then I uninstalled freevo via synaptic and instead installed
the freevo source. With that I got it working. Is there something broken with
freevo and mint6 from the mint repositories?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:58:48 +0000
> Von: John Molohan <john.molo...@gcd.ie>
> An: freevo-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> CC: freevo-us...@list.sourceforge.net
> Betreff: Re: [Freevo-users] Recording not starting and problem with channel
> management

> markus frei wrote:
> > I have at least 2 issues with freevo 1.8.1 (installed in mint 6 from
> repositories and using tvtime with a pinnaclesys tv pro card):
> >
> > 1).  Tvtime itself works great, and I'm using frequencies to tune the
> channels, as that gives me better quality and I don't have to finetune. When
> freevo adds it's info to the tvtime stationlist.xml file, it also adds "US
> Cable" to the band identifier. This makes it impossible to actually tune in
> to the channel. When I then edit the stationlist.xml file and change "US
> Cable" to "Custom", then restart freevo, it works. The problem seems to be
> that after a PC restart freevo again puts the "US Cable" into the file. Does
> anyone know where I can change that behavior?
> >
> It's a bug. I patched it a long time ago when I was using tvtime but
> never submitted it and now it's long gone (I'm using ivtv). It wasn't
> difficult to patch so if you have the time and can submit a patch that
> would be great. From what I remember I changed it so that when using
> frequencies I had Custom set as the country in freevo.conf then patched
> tvtime.py so that it in turn set Custom in it's xml file instead of US
> Cable when it saw that. I could be wrong though it was around 3 years ago.
> > 2).  I can't get any recording from TV to start. I do get a file with
> the scheduled recording info, but no recording itself. I tried the
> instructions on the following Link where there is a bash script that is run
> to start
> mencoder, http://freevo.sr-club.de/ and I also tried the freevo builtin
> things by just uncommenting the mencoder parts in my local_conf.py file (the
> user's file) and no recording started. If I do everything from the terminal
> it works, but as I'm not a scripter I don't know how to get the correct
> info from freevo to go into the bash script. Can someone help me here?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> We'll need some more info - the relevant settings from your config and
> excerpts from main.log and recordserver.log.
>
> John

Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a