Hi.

I know this is an old subject for many people, but the question will be new ;)
I have an pundit-r barebone with an igp9100 video chipset. Some people may
know that tv-out is a bit, errr... bad. I have to use an old version of the
ati propietary drivers (fglrx). It doesn't support 3d but it has/had xv.
Well, for some mistake of mine, I dared to upgrade x.org and the driver
stopped working. I thought it would be ok, because the latest version of
fglrx (8.28.8) was supposed to work, and it's the one I'm actually running.
The problem is... xv has a bug with the size of the screen and doesn't work
well. I can get the previous version of flgrx, which is still on ati's web,
but I don't seem to be able to find a version of xorg that worked with that
version. BTW, I'm running debian etch, (xorg-7.1.0-19) and even if oldstable
is supposed to be available, I haven't been able to make the older driver run
again.
Is anybody in the same situation as me? Would anybody have the packages I
need, or at least tell which version is working? Right now, I have to use x11
to see movies, which is a bit annoying, or completely useless for some
videos.

Thanks a lot
Alberto

PS: BTW, the free ati driver is really close to make this work! If you can, go
to freedesktop.org and take a look.